- A church/monastery was founded on the site of Bangor Cathedral in 525AD. One of the oldest Christian sites on the British Isles.
- The monastery was surrounded by a special type of fence made of posts and braided branches. The name of this type of fence? Bangor.
- Pier Y Garth is recognized as the best Victorian pier in Wales, and one of the five best in Britain.
- According to the books Bridget Jones went to Bangor University.
- On the 5th of September 1962 Bangor City Football Club won by two goals to nothing against the world famous Napoli.
- Bangor High Street is the longest in Wales.
- here are at least 5 Bangors in the world – but ours is the best!
- Bangor, Maine, USA
- Bangor, Wisconsin, USA
- Bangor, Northern Ireland
- Bangor, Belle Ilse, France